Sunday, November 20, 2011

Hawaiian BBQ Pulled Chicken

I have a lot of recipes ready to be posted since my mom was here.  I will get these this week and  try not to overload you with the Thanksgiving week.  I need to get them on here.  They were all so good and very easy to throw together.  We were on the run all day so they are all easily made within a short time.  I have no pictures to go because we cooked and ate! :( The pineapple in this recipe was  very good and added a dimension that was unexpected! I will make this a lot.
~Recipe~
3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, breasts or both*I used only breasts*
1 whole (large) onion sliced into chunks*I chopped the onion because Tony and Brenn do NOT like onion*
1 20 ounce can of pineapple*I used crushed* Make sure to drain the pineapple.  You can use the juice if you want.  *I did*
1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce, 20 ounce bottle *I used Stubbs BBQ sauce*
Buns of your choice

Throw the thawed chicken breasts into the bottom of the crock pot.  Put the onions and pineapple in and then pour the bottle of BBQ sauce over the top. You can add up to 1/2 cup of pineapple juice here if you want the sauce to be sweeter. Cook on low in the crock pot for 8 hours(high for 4-6).  An hour or 2 before it is done you will want to shred the chicken with 2 forks and stir to combine all the sauce with the chicken.  Cook another hour or 2 so the chicken cooks with the sauce.  Serve on buns! Enjoy~



No comments:

Post a Comment