Monday, November 8, 2010

Gingerbread Cheesecake

This has a different flavor...I cant tell if I like it or not but I thought I would pass it along.  I love the crust and will be using it for a pumpkin ginger pie I make at Thanksgiving. Let me know if anyone tries it and what you think!
~Recipe~


Crust~ 30-40 gingerbread wafers **crunchy and thin**
1 stick of butter, softened



Filling~3 large eggs
3/4 Cup of extra fine sugar
1 (8 oz.) package of softened cream cheese
1 Tablespoon of finely grated orange rind
2 Tablespoons of fresh orange juice

Frosting~ 1 cup cour cream
1/2 cup powder sugar 
Preheat oven at 350°F
 Crush ginger bread wafers and blend with butter.  Spread over the bottom of a 12" spring form pan.  Pre-cook gingerbread mix for 10 minutes in oven. 
 Mix the eggs and sugar. Then, fold in cream cheese, orange rind and orange juice.  Spread over crust and cook in oven for 30 minutes.  Remove from oven after done and let cool.
 For the frosting, prepare by mixing well. Spread over cake and garnish with grated orange rind and/or fine gingerbread crumbs.  Enjoy~


No comments:

Post a Comment