Thursday, February 10, 2011

Black Forest Cake

This was a Super hit on Super Bowl Sunday! Who isn't a chocolate fan(um..I besides ME, of course) and this is not over powered with cherries.  It is a nice balance of vanilla, chocolate and cherry flavors.  I think it is a 'cheater' version but Brooklyn says she likes this better than Better Than Recess Cake, so I guess I will make it again. No photos because it was Super Bowl and I had so much going on in the kitchen that I ran out of time before it was dug into.

~Recipe~
1 package of Devils food cake mix**This is the cheater version, next time I will make the REAL cake, not the box cake**
8 ounces of Cool Whip
1 Tbsp almond flavoring
2 Tbsp vanilla
1 5.1 ounce vanilla instant pudding
1 can cherry pie filing
 chocolate sprinkles and maraschino cherries for garnish

Bake cake according to package directions in a 9x13 pan. Mix pie filling and almond flavoring in a bowl, while cake is still warm poke holes in the top and put the mixture over the cake.  While cake is cooling prepare pudding and add the extra vanilla flavoring.  Fold in whipped topping and spread pudding over the cherries.  Decorate with sprinkles and cherries. Cover and chill. Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment