Friday, December 2, 2011

Egg Nog Bundt Cake

I do not care for egg nog...BUT I DO like nutmeg, so I thought I would give this easy recipe a try. Everyone agreed that is was good,  I will be making another recipe this weekend to see if that one is better then I will decide what to make for the neighbors for Christmas.
~Recipe~

1 butter yellow cake mix
4 Tbsp melted butter
1 1/2 cups eggnog
2 large eggs
1/4-1/2 cup milk
1 tsp rum extract
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Glaze~
2 c powdered sugar
2 Tbsp melted butter
3 Tbsp eggnog
1 tsp vanilla
dash nutmeg

In a large bowl, add the cake mix, eggnog, milk, eggs, rum extract, nutmeg and melted butter.  Mix all together on low for 30 seconds and then again on high for 2 minutes.  Pour batter into a greased and floured bundt pan or a large loaf pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until the cake tester comes out clean.  Remove the cake form the pan after sitting for 10 minutes, cool completely.  For the glaze , whisk all the ingredients together and drizzle over the cake or loaf.  LEt the glaze dry completely before cutting. Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment