Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Strawberry Mojito

I had a blackberry mojito at a dinner and decided I needed to try to  make it.  I had strawberries so that is what I used. I need to mess around with it, but it was refreshing.

~Recipe~
white sugar for the rim of the glass
2 large limes, quartered
1/2 bunch of mint leaves
7 strawberries
1 cup white sugar
1 cup white rum
2 cups club soda
8 cups ice cubes

Pour 1/4-1/2 inch sugar into a shallow plate.  Run 1 of the lime quarters around each glass and dip glass rim into sugar.  Set aside.

Squeeze all of the limes into a sturdy glass pitcher.  Toss the juiced limes into the pitcher with the mint leaves, strawberries and 1 cup of sugar.  Crush it all together to release juices and oil from mint.  Stir in the rum and club soda until the sugar is completely dissolved.  Pour into sugared glasses over ice cubes to serve! Enjoy~


No comments:

Post a Comment