Thursday, March 29, 2012

Glazed Doughnut Muffins

Helllloooooo Pinterest!!! After months of resisting, I am addicted to the recipes. I found these and made them right away! They were a hit.  Brenn took them to early morning workout and the boys loved them.  I also gave some to the neighbor. Sharin' the love!
~Recipe~
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup veg oil
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp ground nutmeg*best spice EVER*
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp salt*I did not use*
1 tsp vanilla
2 2/3 cups flour
1 cup whole milk

Glaze~
3 Tbsp melted butter
1 c powdered sugar, whisked in a bowl*or sifted*
3/4 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp hot water

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line 12 baking cups, now here is where it is a little sketchy...I got 16 muffins and I sprayed my muffin cups with baking spray with flour added. Then you aren't digging the bottom of the muffin out of the paper, wasted muffin is not good! Beat the butter, oil, and both sugars until smooooth.  Beat eggs in 1 at a time. Then on LOW mix in until just combined, the baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and vanilla.  Then stir in the flour carefully and alternate with the milk.  Begin and end with the flour, please. Make sure it is good and combined.  Spoon into muffin cups*I use an ice cream scoop* and smooth the tops. Bake until golden and beautiful, 15-17 minutes.  You should turn the pans 1/2 way thru cooking.  Cool 'em in the tins for 5 minutes then put them on a wire rack and cool.  To make the glaze, whisk all ingredients in a bowl. When you glaze the muffins make sure they are cooled a bit.  Just dip the tops in the glaze then when it is set, dip 'em again....yummy glaze. Thanks Pinterest!! I am a fan! Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment