Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Crock Pot Egg Brunch Casserole

Pinterest failed me.  This was not a recipe I will make again.  This had ZERO flavor and was not. very. good. at. all. Luckily I had planned serving fruit and on baking oven french toast and could whip up cheesy eggs instead of serving this.  Brenn put some on his plate and just looked at it the slowly looked at me.... With that, you can decide to try it or not.  I thought it looked great and easy and I love do-ahead breakfast for holiday mornings. I did not even take a pic of this disaster.....

~Recipe~
6-8 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled, or chopped
1 clove garlic,chopped
1 red or green pepper, chopped
1 (2 pound) bag of frozen hash browns
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
12 eggs
1 cup whole milk
1 tsp dried dill
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

S[ray crock pot with no stick cooking spray.  Cook and crumble bacon, set aside.  Saute the onion, peppers and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes. Place 1/3 hash browns on the bottom of the crock pot, add 1/3 bacon, 1/3 onion mix and 1/3 cheese./  Repeat layers ending with cheese.  Mix the eggs, milk and spices and pour over all ingredients in the pot.  Cover, cook on low for 8-10 hours. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment