Monday, April 30, 2012

Root Beer Float Cake

Who doesn't like Root Beer Floats? IT was so hot this weekend(90's) and Root Beer Float remind me of summer...what a great cake! I went back to using my old websites more than Pinterest.  The last 3 things off there were terrible....so I am super duper careful about what I try to make and post! :) This cake was a huge hit and really does taste like a float! I added vanilla ice cream on the plates when I served it, i just took a pic of the finished cake.
~Recipe~
I yellow cake mix(I used my own vanilla cake recipe with added cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and all spice thrown in, about 3/4 tsp of each) You could use a boxed spice cake mix as well!
to the mix add~ 4 eggs
                            1/2 c oil
                             1 1/4 c root beer
                              1 tsp rum extract
Combine all in a bowl and mix as the directions on the box say. Pour batter in a prepared bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes and invert on a wire rack and cool completely. Drizzle with Root Beer Glaze~ 2 cups powdered sugar mixed with 3 T root beer.  Whisk until creamy and drizzle.  I made a bit more of this to put on the ice cream after I cut and put the cake on plates.  YUM! Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment