Thursday, April 5, 2012

Key Lime Bars

Yumminess with a punch! That is what these key lime bars are~ a sure hit! I printed the recipe from melskitchencafe.com.  I changed the crust because I bought animal crackers for this recipe and Tony found and ate the animal crackers! I used graham crackers for the crust and it was just as good, I think!

~Recipe~

Crust~ 2 1/2 cups animal crackers*I used graham crackers*
3 Tbsp packed brown sugar
pinch of salt
4 Tbsp melted butter
Put the cookies in the food processor  with the sugar and salt.  Make fine crumbs.  Drizzle in the melted butter and process until incorporated. Press crumbs in a prepared 8 inch square baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake this for about 15-18 minutes.

Filling~ 2 ounces cream cheese, soft
1 Tbsp grated fresh lime zest
1 can condensed milk
1 large egg yolk
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, lime zest and salt until incorporated. Whisk in the condensed milk until smooth then whisk in the egg yolk and lime juice. Pour the filling over the crust and bake for about 15 minutes, until the filling is set. Let the bars cool for 2 hours then chill for 2 hours.  I dusted the top with powdered sugar and then added black berries...Enjoy~




No comments:

Post a Comment