Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Chocolate Caramel bars

The kids devoured these! They are very sweet.  Next time I will add peanuts to the center to counter the complete sweetness.
Recipe~
1 Devils food cake box**The recipe calls for a box mix, I use my own regular cake batter**
1 14 ounce Kraft caramels
1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup butter
1 cup chocolate chips
Mix and bake the cake per directions**Again...I use a great homemade recipe**
Pour 1/2 batter in a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.  Unwrap(a chore) the caramels and put them along with the milk and butter in a medium sauce pan.  Melt over low heat stirring constantly until melted and smooth.  Once the bottom of the cake is baked pour the hot caramel over the cake and sprinkle with chocolate chips.  This is where I will add peanuts next time! Spread the remaining cake batter on top and bake for 20 more minutes.  Ooey gooey yumminess will be yours! Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment