Monday, June 11, 2012

Salted Caramel Pretzel Cookies

It is raining in Texas today.  What a perfect excuse to bake....that and the fact I usually have 9 or more teenaged boys here....so I need to keep up on my baking to satisfy the growing boys! They just came out of the oven so I am sure they will be devoured in a few minutes.  I think I will add more pretzels next time!
~Recipe~
3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cupbrown sugar
1/4 c white sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c chocolate chips
1 cup caramel bites*BEST invention EVER*
1/2 cup crushed pretzels * I will use more next time*

Oven to 350
Cream the sugars and butter until light and fluffy...you know the drill don't over mix...Add the egg and vanilla and blend well.  Mix in the flour, cornstarch, salt and baking soda.  Stir in the caramel chips, chocolate chips and pretzels.  Drop on cookie sheets and sprinkle with salt.  Bake for 8-10 minutes, barely golden...watch carefully as not to over bake.  Let cool on the sheet  for 5 minutes and transfer to the wire rack. Basic cookie batter with different add ins....enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment