Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Slow cooker marinara

As you know...my hubby is Italian.  I am always trying new Italian sauces and dishes.  This was so easy.  I tripled the recipe and froze the 2 additional batches.  It smells so good and does not heat up the house in the summer...Perfect!
This is not my pic, I did not think to take one and it is frozen now.
Super Easy Recipe~
2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 medium onion, diced
1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 bay leaves
1 Tbsp dried basil ( I added fresh when I served it like in the pic...I always add fresh basil, it is fresh and pretty)
1/2 Tbsp oregano
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper

Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the slow cooker.  Add the rest of the ingredients.  Stir to combine.  Add 1/2-1 cup of water to moisten it up also to bring it to the consistency you prefer. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Go about your day doing fun things and dinner will be easy! Enjoy~




No comments:

Post a Comment