Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Cinnamon Apple sauce

Ridiculously easy....terrifically yummy! I have been sooo busy baking for my hubs corporate events for the last 3 weeks.  They had meetings in Dallas and I was asked to bake for them! Soooo..during that time my regular cooking took a back seat but I have tried a few new recipes.  The first being this easy crock pot apple sauce.  It literally makes itself. I made 2 batches last weekend and now today I will make my apple sauce cookies with some of it! The next time I will make it with out any cinnamon.  The 2nd time I made it, I cut the cinnamon in half, we felt it was too much...I still feel it s too much with only the 1/2.  Let me know how you like it! IT is so dark because of the cinnamon, when I put it on the table the kids said it looked like tomato soup.....
~Recipe~

About 15 medium sized apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
1 cup apple juice

Put the apples in the slow cooker and add the juice.  Turn on high for 1 hour then turn on low for 8-10 hours.  I started this late in the evening and it cooked all night.

After the 8-10 hours add:
2 1/2 cups sugar*I added 2 cups*
4 tsp cinnamon...I will not add this again. The photo above it with 2 tsp...
1/2 tsp cloves*yuck* I did not use this
1 tsp nutmeg! YUM!
Stir all of this into the apples and the apples will break apart and be in chunks. Keep in the crock pot on low for 6-8 more hours.  If it is not as smooth as you like you can blend it.  It keeps in the fridge for about 2 weeks.
Enjoy~


No comments:

Post a Comment