Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Root beer Float cupcakes!

These are fantastic! I made cupcakes for my hubs corporate meeting and I had to find some fun and new recipes.  These was a huge hit! For our family I just used vanilla bean ice cream for the 'icing'.  When I took the cakes to his meeting I frosted them with root beer buttercream and put a little straw in the icing for a decoration! Fun fun fun!!
~Recipe~
**I doubled this recipe when I made it because I needed 2 dozen, doubling it makes exactly 2 dozen**

1 cup root beer soda
1 Tsp apple cider vinegar
3/4 c sugar
1/3 c canola oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp root beer extract
1 1/3 c flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 350 and line your cupcake pans with liners.

Combine the root beer and vinegar and let this stand for 3-4 minutes.  Add the sugar and oil and whisk well, until a little frothy.  Add the extracts and then the flour, soda, powder and salt....slowly. Please do not over mix. I use an ice cream scoop when I fill cupcake pans or muffin tins. Fill the liners 3/4 full.  Bake 18 minutes or so. Allow to cool and then frost or use ice cream.  My family preferred the ice cream to the root beer flavored icing. YUM! Enjoy~


No comments:

Post a Comment