Monday, August 30, 2010

Mojito chicken and Caribbean black beans


The marinade on this chicken smells sooo good! It is like a mental island vacation when you are making it....

~Recipe~
**I doubled this recipe because it is made for 4 servings.**
4 Tbsp chopped fresh mint, divided
3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp light rum OR orange juice
2 tsp grated lime peel
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper

Blend 3 Tbsp of the mint and the lime juice, oil, rum(or juice) and lime peel in a blender until smooth. Pour over chicken in a re-sealable plastic bag. Chill for 6-8 hours, turning several times.

Heat grill. Remove chicken from marinade and discard the marinade. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Grill covered, over medium heat until no longer pink(about 10 minutes). Sprinkle with 1 remaining Tbsp of mint

Black Beans
**I usually soak and boil my black beans which takes a long time . I found this recipe and thought I would give it a try....it is good, I would add a little more cayenne next time.** I will add the black bean recipe to this blog soon.

1 can black beans
1 small onion chopped
1 clove garlic minced
1 Tbsp cilantro(I did not use this because I thought the mint and cilantro would clash) but will definately try it next time.
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Salt to taste
Combine beans, onion, garlic and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add the cilantro, cayenne and salt and simmer for 5 more minutes.

Serve with pineapple or plantains. I tried to find some good plantains to fry fro something new but could not find any. I will definitely do that next time! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. So for the Mojito Chk, when you say you doubled the recipe, you mean the recipe you posted is for 4 servings and you double everything to make 8?! (Probably obvious to everyone else, butwanted to clarify.) Martha Stewart nor Stacey Mullins am I in the kitchen! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, you make me smile. I sent you a message.....let me know when you try this!

    ReplyDelete