Friday, April 15, 2011

Korean Beef with Cilantro Sauce

This marinade was outstanding! I cannot wait to use it again! YUM-O! I was not a huge fan of the sauce, but I will try it again with less cilantro.  I am a cilantro fan so I was surprised that this had too much.
~Recipe~
This calls for at least 1 hour of refrigeration.  I usually marinade at least 4 hours.
3/4 cup soy sauce
3 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp sherry vinegar
1 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
1 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp red pepper flakes
4 boneless strip steaks
Combine all ingredients in a re-sealable plastic bag and add the steak to it.  Marinate for at least 1 hour. Grill until desired doneness.

Cilantro sauce
3/4 cup loosely packed cilantro
1/3 cup olive oil
3 Tbsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 tsp minced seeded serrano chile
Combine in a bowl and whisk well. Serve with the strip steaks!
Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment