Friday, February 4, 2011

Eclair Dessert

I have never made this type of dessert before.  I have made cream puffs and pastry shells but this crust was different.  I was not sure when I took it our of the oven but when it is all assembled it tastes good and it pretty.  I did not take a picture.  I forgot.  I made this for a Girls Night at my house and totally forgot to take pictures.  Here is a picture of a little Princess enjoying it the next day at her home! Her mom sent this to me! How cute!
~Recipe~

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter (1-stick)
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup water
4 large eggs
2 pkgs. (3.4 oz) Vanilla Instant Pudding
2 1/2 cups cold milk
8 ounces cream cheese, softened (room temperature)
1 container (12 oz) Cool Whip
Chocolate syrup for drizzling
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bring the water, butter and salt to boil until butter is melted. Add the flour all at once and mix rapidly with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat and stir until the mixture leaves the sides of pan and forms a ball. Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition until completely smooth. Spread in an ungreased 10- by 15-inch baking pan. Bake until golden brown, about 35 minutes. Crust will puff up the sides of the pan while in the oven. When removed from the oven, prick bubbles with a fork. Let cool.
For filling, use an electric mixer to beat the pudding mix, milk and softened cream cheese together until thoroughly blended. Spread pudding mixture over the baked and cooled eclair crust. Spread Cool Whip over pudding mixture.  Drizzle with chocolate syrup. IT is sooo good and tastes just like an eclair! Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment