Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes

In the spirit of Heart Day, I made this recipe for Red Velvet cupcakes, but I made a cake instead. Eh...moderately ok, at best.  I did not think it had any flavor at all.  I am surprised because it came from one of my favorite recipe sites and I copied it off to try right away. Not all can be "keepers", though. So I am determined to find a good one this week. If you try this and like it et me know, I may need to try it again.  I think it is a cheater recipe, though, too, so it may be mental.  My husband loved the cake, for what it is worth! :)
~Recipe~
1 pkg red velvet cake mix
1 pkg small chocolate instant pudding
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter softened
4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup of thawed Cool Whip
white chocolate curls*or what ever you like to decorate with*

Prepare the cake batter as per instructions and add the pudding mix into batter before spooning into muffin cups. Bake as directed for 24 cupcakes.  Cool.

Beat cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until well blended.  Gradually beat in sugar. Whisk in Cool Whip. Spoon frosting into a decorating bag and frost cupcakes.  Keep chilled.
Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment