Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Banana Cake

I had a lot of bananas to use and Tony had told me of this banana cake he has tried while he was in south Texas.  I found a recipe for TX banana cake! YUM! WE had a ton of teen age boys over that night and they devoured it before I could take a photo.  I will definitely be making it again and then post a pic.
~Recipe~
1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temp
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
3 large bananas, mashed
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda

~Frosting~
2 Tbsp butter, melted
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted(I don't sift...I whisk well)
1 large banana mashed

Preheat oven to 325 degrees, grease and flour a 9x13 baking pan.  Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl.  Min in the eggs and banana.  Add the pecans, milk and vanilla, blend well. Sift(again I whisk well) flour and baking soda then add to the banana mixture.  Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
Cream the butter powdered sugar and banana together and spread over the warm cake, sprinkle with extra pecans if you want! Easy and so good. I served it warm.  Enjoy~

2 comments:

  1. Loved it Stacey! I added cream cheese to the frosting because....I like cream cheese. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't love cream cheese?? Thanks for the feed back!!!

    ReplyDelete