Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cheesy Breadsticks

This was a super easy addition to our Italian meal last night.  You can use fresh pizza dough or you can use the pre made in order to save time.  I was baking all day so I added extra time to make the dough.  YUM! I don't know why I have not made these before but the kids want them every night they said!

~Recipe~
1/2 of a basic pizza dough recipe or 1 can or pre made pizza dough
2 Tbsp soft butter
2 cloves crushed
1/4 c parmesan cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
*I added red pepper flakes and pepper*

500 degree preheated oven
Mash the softened butter with the garlic*I will be using this concoction on several things in the future*
Roll dough our to fit a cookie sheet or pizza pan, using parchment paper on the bottom.  Slather the yummy garlic butter over dough and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese then toss the mozzarella on the very top.  Bake for 9-10 minutes, watch the last couple of minutes, it will get really brown if it goes too long.  Cut into sticks and devour the cheesy goodness! YUM! Enjoy~

2 comments:

  1. I love the baked cheeses on those breadsticks! What is the chance I would actually stop myself from eating them all? Hmm, not a big one! :) Thanks for sharing and visiting my blog! I am your newest follower! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following me! I love your blog! I just found you via FoodBlog. You are much more advanced that I am....I just do it for fun! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete