Monday, January 30, 2012

Snickerdoodle bars

I am sure there are thousands of Snickerdoodle blondie recipes out there.  This is the 2nd recipe I have tried and this one is by far the WINNER!! I made them last week and they lasted 30 minutes.  Brenn had friends over after the basketball game and baseball tryouts on Saturday...they asked for these bars....so I whipped them up.....they were devoured.  Everyone loves them! They are so easy and especially good when kind of warm! I did not wait the hour for them to cool. YUMMY!
~Recipe~
2 1/3 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 c butter, softened
1 1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 c packed brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp white sugar mixed with 1 Tbsp cinnamon

drizzle~ 1 c powdered sugar
2 Tbsp milk
1/4 tsp vanilla....mix well and drizzle over the cooled bars

Heat oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 pan.  Toss together the flour, baking powder and salt. Breat the butter until creamy on high then add the sugars and beat.  Add the eggs and vanilla slowly and mix til combined.  On low(so it doesn't fly all over the place) beat the dry ingredients until combined. Press 1/2 the batter evenly in the bottom of the pan.  This is my LEAST favorite part of this type of recipe....sometimes I don't want to make them because of the pressing...but these are worth the work!! Sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar mixture all over the dough and drop the rest of the dough in teaspoonfuls all over the pan.  Bake 20-25  minutes or until golden and tester comes out clean. Cool 1 hour and drizzle the glaze over the cake....YUM! Enjoy~



2 comments:

  1. Snickerdoodles are my Hubby's fav cookie! I will have to try them in a bars form. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete