Monday, July 16, 2012

Italian Beef Sandwiches

Not.gonna.make.these.again.......but, who knows, you may like them.  I don't even have a pic of them.  I could tell when I shredded the meat they were dry and not going to come together like I had hoped.  I do like hoagie buns with butter melted and warm cheese, all was not lost. I have several recipes for these sandwiches and this is not a fave.
~Recipe~

1 4-5 lb chuck roast, fat left on
Lawry's season salt
14 ounces of beef stock
1 chopped onion
8 ounces of chopped pepperocini with the juice
1/2 pkg Italian dressing mix
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Hoagie buns
Cheese

Place roast in slow cooker and sprinkle with season salt.  Pour beef stock, pepperocini and juice around the roast.  Stir in salad dressing mix, garlic, Italian season and cover and cook on low for 8 hours,Turn off and allow to cool, strain the meat juices to remove the pepperocini and shred the meat.  Add it to the stock in the cooker and set on low heat.  Assemble sandwiches on toasted Hoagie buns with melted cheese. Eat....Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment