Sunday, July 15, 2012

Snickers Cake

Ok! Ok! OK! here it is!! I have had several messages since I posted the pic on Facebook to get the recipe out....NOW!! It is good....It is fattening....It is full of yummy-ooey-gooey-goodness....BUT it is a doctored box cake...BOO! I did some changes and I made my own Devils food cake from scratch but the easy and quicker way is to use a box mix.  I had the time so I went ahead and made te long version, it will be good with the box as well, I am certain!
~Recipe~

1 box devils food cake mix, plus ingredients to make the cake *or your own version of chocolate cake*
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar Smucker's hot caramel ice cream topping
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 tub of cool whip 3 snickers candy bars, chopped
1/3 cup peanuts, chopped
caramel sauce
chocolate sauce

Bake cake in a 9x13-inch pan according to direction on the package.

While cake is baking, mix condensed milk and hot caramel topping until well blended. *This is a dangerous combo by itself*. When the cake is done and while it's still hot, poke holes in it with the handle of a wooden spoon. Pour milk mixture over the cake. Allow cake to cool completely. Sprinkle chocolate chips over cake. 
Mix the chopped snickers*I put mine thru the food processor* and coolwhip and spread cake.  Top wth chopped peanuts, I used honey roasted...ya know....for that ADDED sweet.... then drizzle with caramel and chocolate sauces. EAT! YUM! Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment