- 1 pound dried pinto beans
- 1 (3 1/2-pound) bone-in pork loin roast**I used bone out**
- 2 (4-ounce) cans chopped green chiles
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (32-ounce) box chicken broth
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles with lime juice and cilantro**Best invention EVER**
Rinse and sort beans according to package directions.
Place pinto beans in a 6-quart slow cooker; add roast and next 6 ingredients. Pour chicken broth evenly over top of roast.
Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour; reduce to LOW, and cook 9 hours. Or, cover and cook on HIGH 6 hours. Remove bones and fat from roast; pull roast into large pieces with two forks. Stir in diced tomatoes and green chiles. Cook, uncovered, on HIGH 1 more hour or until liquid is slightly thickened. You can spoon it over corn tortillas, taco bowls, corn bread etc...get creative! Enjoy~