Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ranger Cookies

I found these cookies somewhere in my huge notebook of recipes. I had never made them and I made a change.  I thought it would be a subtle change...BUT I think it changed the whole cookie.  I left out the coconut and substituted chocolate chips. I don't know if it was texture....taste....I can't figure it out, but it was 'off'.  If I make theses again I will use coconut.  My family is not coconut eaters, so I will make them for someone else! :)

~Recipe~
1 cup shortening
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup coconut

In a bowl cream shortening and sugars and vanilla.  Add Eggs 1 at at time and blend until smooth.  In another bowl, whisk the flour, soda, powder, salt and then add to the creamed mixture.  Stir in Krispies and oats and coconut until blended.  Dough is crumbly.  Shape into balls and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment