Thursday, December 2, 2010

Cheddar Mac Soup

I found this recipe in my recipe book that I got when I was married. I have no idea where it came from or who I should give credit to...but it was good. My mom used to make a hamburger tomato casserole and this reminded me somewhat of that.
~Recipe~
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
3/4 pounds ground beef  ** I used 1 lb of ground turkey**
1 Tbsp hot chili powder
1 1/2 tsp cumin
2 1/2 cups milk
1 can chicken broth
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 1/2 uncooked elbow pasta
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Heat oil in a soup pot over medium heat and add onion, cook 4 minutes until translucent.  Crumble meat into the pot and cook, stirring for 4 minutes or until no longer pink.  Stir in chili powder and cumin, cook and stir for 2 minutes.  Add milk and broth and then stir in soup until dissolved, boil, reduce heat to low.  Cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes.  Stir in pasta and continue to cook, covered 5 minutes.  Stir in cheese until melted and smooth.  Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes until pasta is fully cooked. *I cooked the pasta fully and did not let it stand to cook**  Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment