Friday, March 4, 2011

Honey Spice Cake

I thought this sounded sooo good....I will change it the next time I make it.  It was really dry....I think the frosting needs to be added right before serving. I am not giving up on it, yet...I did not get a photo of it.  My mom was here and I was running around serving it and forgot to get a photo.

~Recipe~
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cardamom
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cups honey
1/2 cup buttermilk
10 Tbsp butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 cups cold heavy cream
1 Tbsp powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup honey
raspberries for garnish
Coat 2 ~9 inch~ cake pans with cooking spray, then flour the pans.  In a bowl mix the spices, flour, baking powder, soda and salt.  In another owl, mix the honey and buttermilk.  In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar until fluffy.  Beat in eggs 1 at a time.  On low, beat in flour mixture alternately with the honey mixture.  Spread into the prepared pans.  Bake 25-28 minutes at 350 degrees.  Let cakes cool in pans for 10 minutes, turn out and cool.  For the frosting beat the cream sugar and vanilla to soft peaks and gradually add the honey then beat until stiff peaks form.  Place 1 cake on a plate and spread 1 1/2 cups frosting on the cake.  Top with the 2nd cake and frost.  Garnish with raspberries.  Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment