Monday, March 21, 2011

Sweet BBQ beef

I knew I would be busy unpacking and cleaning and getting all the post vacation stuff done yesterday so I threw a roast in the slow cooker. We had this beef on nachos with all the fixings. it would be good in a sandwich as well. It was not as tangy as I like and I will use a different sauce next time, but it was good and easy.
~Recipe~
chuck roast(as big as you need) you will need to tweak the amounts for how big/small your roast is.
1 1/4 cup root beer
2 cups Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce**I used the honey BBQ**
1 tsp garlic salt

Place all ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10.  With about 2 hours left shred the beef in the sauce and continue cooking.  I took the top off the cooker the last 1 hour because I wanted a thicker sauce. Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment