Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Peanut Butter, Honey and Banana Cookies

YUM! I love honey.  I am not a fan of peanut butter...but the glaze on these cookies is to die for! I could eat a bowl of it. I didn't.  I could. I will make these a lot more!
~Recipe~
1 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sat
1/4 tsp cinnamon
4 Tbsp butter at room temp
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/3 cup peanut butter, smooth
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla
1 large egg
1 banana, mashes
2 cups old fashioned oats
*Glaze*YUM
3 Tbsp smooth peanut butter
1/2 powdered sugar
2 Tbsp milk(or more is needed)
1 Tbsp honey

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon.  Set aside.  Combine the butter and both sugars and mix well until smooth, add peanut butter, honey, vanilla and egg.  Beat until smooth.  Add banana and mix well.  Add flour slowly until just combined, then add oats.  Drop by spoonful 2 inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.  Cool on wire rack and whisk together the ingredients for the glaze and drizzle over cookies. Don't taste the glaze until the cookies are all glazed....I am serious! :) Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment