Sunday, January 23, 2011

Brownies

My friend, Stacy, led me to this recipe of Valentine Brownies.  She got the recipe out of Good Housekeeping. They are fun to make and smell delish as they are baking. My kids loved them.  I took them to a neighborhood get together and they liked them as well.  I added a vanilla drizzle to the top, the recipe doesn't call for anything on top.  Forgive the photo. They were plated for the party and I realized the plate was not the best for a photo...but this is all I have.
~Recipe~
3/4 cups butter cut up
4 ounces of semi sweet chocolate, chopped
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp salt
6 large eggs
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a 9x13 pan with foil and grease.  In a large sauce pan, over low heat, melt the butter and chopped chocolates.  Stir and remove from heat when fully melted.  In a bowl whisk the flour, cocoa and salt.  In a large bowl with mixer on high speed beat the eggs until blended.  Gradually add the sugars and beat for 10 minutes or until tripled in volume.  Fold in chocolate and vanilla and then flour mixture.  Pour into pan and bake for 28-32 minutes. Enjoy~

1 comment: