Friday, January 14, 2011

Enchilada Sauce

A friend requested an enchilada recipe from me. I have had this for a while and forgot about it.  I made it last night...SO EASY and SO YUMMY!!! Brenn is not a spicy fan and it was not too spicy for him.  I highly recommend this sauce with your favorite enchilada recipe!

~Recipe~
6 dried ancho chiles
1 6 ounce can of tomato paste
1/4 cup corn oil
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 1 /2 tsp salt
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp cumin
3 cups beef broth

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Arrange the chiles on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 3-4 minutes, remove the stems, pulp and seeds.  Place the anchos in a bowl and cover with hot water. Let them sit for 1 hour in the water. Combine the chiles, tomato paste, corn oil, garlic and spices and 1 cup of the beef broth in a food processor, process until smooth.  Transfer mixture to a saucepan and add the remaining 2 cups of beef broth and heat until warmed through. Use in your favorite recipes!  Enjoy~

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I never knew it was so easy. I bet it makes homemade mexican food even yummier.

    ReplyDelete