Monday, January 10, 2011

Crab Linguini with Lemon and Basil

YUM-O!! This was incredibly good.  The whole family and 1 extra ate the entire double batch(I did save some out for Britt and I froze that).  IT takes no time at all to make and it was so delish! I found this recipe on a site that I follow, Annie's Eats. I had to make it the next night and it was a hit! the picture isn't the best, the yellow dish is not what I should have used...it is really pretty with the basil and the added lemon on the side.


~Recipe~





1 lb. pasta, such as linguine or spaghetti
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tbsp. butter
6 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup fresh basil, chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved**I had to omit these for Tony**
Salt and pepper, to taste
8 oz. fresh crab meat, cooked (or substitute pre-cooked shrimp/prawns)
1 lemon, quartered
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente.  Drain well; set aside.  In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the olive oil and butter, heating until the butter is completely melted.  Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds, just until fragrant and bubbling.  Remove the pan from the heat.
Add the drained pasta to the skillet and toss well until the pasta is well coated with the garlic-oil sauce.  Add the basil and cherry tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper to taste.  Divide the pasta between warmed serving bowls.  Top each individual serving with the fresh lump crab meat, about 2 ounces each.  Squeeze one quarter of lemon over each serving.  Serve immediately. Enjoy~

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, LOVE crab pasta. I, too, saw this on her site and made a mental note. Must make soon!

    ReplyDelete