Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Belgian Waffles

YUM! Our oldest visited this past week from Orlando.  Britt brought her roommate and ELizabeth brought me a gift...the Disney EPCOT International Food and Wine Festival cookbook!! SCORE!!! I knew while they were here I had to make something from the cookbook.  I chose the Belgian Waffles with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream.  They wre so good! I did not take a picture of the fruit as it took away from the really pretty waffles.  I make waffles a lot but these are so special, fluffy and flavor packed! You have to try these!
~Recipe~

This makes enough for 4-6. I doubled since we were having 12.  There were a few left over.

2 1/2 cups flour
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp active dry yeast
1 1/2 c water
1/2 cup milk
2 Tbsp beer
1 egg
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 stick of butter, melted

Sift flour into a large bowl and add the sugar and yeast.  Create a well in the center of the mixture.  Add water, milk, beer, egg and vanilla.  Stir mixture until just blended.  (There will be lumps but they dissolve as the batter rests) Add melted butter and stir.  Refrigerate batter overnight.  Bring mixture to room temp and ladle waffle batter into a Belgian waffle maker, cook.  Serve warm with whatever you prefer.  I will post the compote later.  These are Delish! Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment