Thursday, October 6, 2011

Creamy Chicken Tacos/Nachos

This is versatile and super easy! I have been sick this week and I knew I was not going to want to cook tonight so I browsed the internet(here) to come up with something I could throw into the crock and let it cook all day.  I don't keep meat on hand but I did  have frozen chicken breasts(Tony doesn't like chicken) that I needed to use. This called for FROZEN chicken breasts! Ta da! Winner winner chicken dinner...literally! :) This is a horrible photo....the color is better than this looks.  It was a hit, so don't judge the photographer....remember I am not feeling well... :)



~Recipe~

5 frozen(yipee) chicken breasts
1 1/2 cup salsa
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 1/2 T taco seasoning
1 T maple syrup
1 tsp fresh lime juice
1 T butter
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can chili beans**I added these at the end because the gravy was so runny**

Serve over tortilla chips or as a taco!

Spray the crock with cooking spray and place the frozen chicken breasts in the bottom.  In a mixing bowl stir the ingredients except the butter and sour cream.  Pout it over the chicken.  COver and cook for 4 hours on high or 6-7 on low.  SHred the chicken and add the butter and sour cream, stir and cook 1 more hour! Easy and Yum!! It uses all ingredients that are staples in my pantry so it was perfect for a low key cooking day! Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment