Thursday, October 27, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pie

This is a crazy pie, I did not know what to think when I read the recipe.  The kids wanted it so I made it.  the recipe makes 2 and the whipped cream makes more than enough for 2 pies. IT was a fun switch up on a regular pie and they loved it!
~Recipe~

2 3/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
1 1/2 tsp  baking powder
1 cup unsalted butter, soft
1 1/2 c light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
3 large eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 cups mini chocolate chips
2 cups chopped walnuts **I did not add these**

Whipped Cream
I found and fell in love with Chocolate Whipping Cream! Yep! It is only for the holiday season and I just saw it and thought it would go fabulously on this pie.  I was right! Regular whipped cream would work just as well!
1-2 pints heavy whipping cream
1/4 c powdered sugar
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips

Oven at 350 degrees.  Grease 2 pie pans and set aside.  Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder**Remember I am not a sifter ~I whisk together the ingredients and call it good and it works just the same and it less time consuming AND less messy!** Cream together the butter and both sugars. Add eggs 1 at a time and mix well. Add vanilla then flour mixture, bits at a time. Mix until all combined.  Fold in 2 cups of the chippers and nuts. Dived the dough between the 2 pie plates and smooth the dough. Bake about 30 min**I had to bake mine 45 minutes**.  They need to be soft, yet firm to the touch.  Throw some foil over the top if you think they are getting too brown.  Cool completely.  Beat the whipping cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks form and add the chippers.  *I would mention that this is HEAVENLY*. Chill the cream until ready to serve.  Top the pie pieces with the cream and devour!  Enjoy~

2 comments: