Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Gingerbread Minis

I know, I know...pumpkin, apples and ginger stuff! It is Fall, I can't help it. These are great little snacks, breakfast or additions to ice cream.  I will be using this type of minis a lot! They are small but pack  huge flavor, don't let the size fool ya!
~Recipe~
This recipe made a little more than 4 dozen minis and you can make regular sized muffins out of this recipe.

1 cup dark brown sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg**My favorite spice for the Fall**
1 egg
1/2 cup molasses
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup melted butter

Heat oven to 350 and spray muffin tins.  **I use the Bakers spray now that has the added flour in it and it works wonders!** Combine the flour, sugar, soda, salt and spices in a bowl and set aside.  Mix the egg, molasses, buttermilk and butter.  Add the 2 together and stir together until mixed.  Fill muffin tins and bake for about 15 minutes. **I used a melon baller to fill the mini tins it was not messy at all** These do not overbake so you can fill them about 3/4 full. They slide right out of the tins and cool them on a wire rack...Pop in your mouth and enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment