Saturday, September 18, 2010

Brownies with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting

These brownies are so and thick and rich. I don't like chocolate, but I can eat a bite, ONE bite, and actually I like them. They do not last 30 minutes in the house! I will have to say that the frosting is the best part. I LOVE frosting, icing, topping or whatever is on top of cookies and cakes! This is one frosting I make quite a bit....it is soooo good, even for me. In fact, this is the frosting I will use for the cake I posted yesterday instead of the caramel frosting.
I like the fact, as well, that you can make them in 1 bowl and don't have to use the mixer..... I am sure you can, I choose not to. As I have said before I look for new recipes and ideas on websites. Chocolate is a favorite of the kids and if I make chocolate I won't eat it...so, win - win situation! Anywhooooo...the Hershey's website is a great tool in looking for kid friendly treats! Yum!
~Recipe~
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup butter or margarine, melted and divided
1/2 cup boiling water
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips **I have used white chocolate chips and YUM-O**
ONE-BOWL BUTTERCREAM FROSTING(recipe follows)
Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan or two 8-inch square baking pans.
Stir together cocoa and baking soda in large bowl; stir in 1/3 cup butter. Add boiling water; stir until mixture thickens. Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining 1/3 cup butter; stir until smooth. Add flour, vanilla and salt; blend completely. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes for rectangular pan, 30 to 35 minutes for square pans or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Frost with ONE-BOWL BUTTERCREAM FROSTING. Cut into squares. About 36 brownies.

ONE-BOWL BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
2-2/3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Beat butter in medium bowl. Add powdered sugar and cocoa alternately with milk, beating to spreading consistency (additional milk may be needed). Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment