Saturday, September 4, 2010

Creamy Mac and Cheese

I know this is a repeat for some of you on Face Book. I have given it to many of you....so, I apologize! But it is a favorite at my house!

~Recipe~
2 c elbow mac**I like to use rotini because it holds the cheese much better**
4 TBSP butter
2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese **I have added 1/2 cup velveeta along with the 2 cups cheddar and I have used all velveeta as well**
3 eggs beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can cond. cheese soup
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup whole milk**I have never used whole**
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp dry mustard

Boil mac and drain
Mix the butter and cheese in a med sauce pan and melt while stirring.
In slow cooker mix the sour cream, beaten eggs. cheese and butter mixture, soup and milk plus the spices(I add Tony Chacheres's spice as well) Stir well and add the mac and stir again. Keep on low for 2-3 hrs and stir occasionally. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment