Monday, September 20, 2010

Lemon-Basil Chicken with Basil Aioli

I love basil and I had a whole bunch to use so I have been browsing my favorite sites in order to find a good recipe that uses a lot of basil! This recipe has good flavor, but I will definitely grill the chicken next time. The sauce is great and it is even good with the pasta. I changed it a little from here.
Ingredients
CHICKEN:
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1/3 cup chopped green onions**I did not use, remember Tony's aversion to onions? Yes, well, this recipe doesn't really need them, if you were to use them, I would definitely use the green onions not red or white.**
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar **I am not a heavy vinegar taste lover so I cut this in half and added more olive oil and it still had a vinegar taste**
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Cooking spray

BASIL AIOLI:= Y.U.M!!!
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil **I used almost 3/4 cup**
2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise **I used regular mayo, NOT Miracle Whip**
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard **I used spicy since I had that open**
3/4 teaspoon bottled minced garlic**I always think fresh garlic is better, so I chopped 1 1/2 cloves**
1/2 teaspoon olive oil**remember I used more to instead of the whole amount of vinegar**
Preparation
To prepare chicken, combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to basil mixture, turning to coat.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 8 minutes on each side or until done. **I will definitely GRILL it next time after marinating the chicken**
While chicken cooks, prepare aioli. Combine 1/4 cup basil and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Serve with chicken. **I added rotini tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper and grated parmesan cheese as a side dish.** Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment