Saturday, September 11, 2010

Cinnamon Cake


We love cinnamon and we love brunch. I make big breakfasts on the weekend and there usually is some kind of cinnamon incorporated at least one day. I have a lot of cinnamon coffee recipes and I tried this last weekend. I adapted it a bit from here.
~Recipe~
Cake:
3 cups flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 ½ cups milk
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup (1 stick) real butter, melted **I always use rel butter to bake with. I think it makes a huge difference.**
Topping:
1 cup (2 sticks) real butter, softened**I melted it**
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
3/4 cup chopped pecans, (optional) **did not use these**
Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
5 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

In an electric or stand mixer mix the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs and vanilla. Once combined well, slowly stir in the 1/2 cup melted butter. Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, mix the 2 sticks of softened butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and pecans until well combined. Drop evenly over cake batter by the tablespoonfuls and use a knife to marble/swirl through the cake.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out nearly clean from center.
Place powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature. I made cheesy eggs and berries with this brunch. Mmmm mmmm good, Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment