Sunday, September 19, 2010

Tomato-Basil Cream Sauce

I have to admit that the recipe is semi-homemade. I usually use my own homemade spaghetti sauce and add the other ingredients but last night we were rushed and Brooklyn wanted some type of spaghetti....Waaaa Laaaa!! I tried it with store bought and it was good. We still like the homemade better but it was an easy and fast way to quick pasta and put a smile on Brooklyn's face! I will post the home made spaghetti sauce when I make it, it is an all day affair and I will wait until it is below 95 degrees to heat the kitchen all day. in the mean time, for a quick spaghetti fix......
~Recipe~
Mix 1 jar of spaghetti sauce(16 ounce)
2 ounces Philadelphia cream cheese**I used 6 ounces to make it that much creamier)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil and more for garnish **I used 4 Tbsp**
Heat in large pan while the cream cheeses melts and then cook for 3-5 minutes longer

Toss with your favorite pasta and sprinkle with 1/4-1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese and garnish with basil

I served with garlic rubbed broiled bread and salad. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment