Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Baja Chicken

I had left over black beans from the Mojito chicken night...so....I had to use them. Baja chicken is a favorite of ours and so easy and I had a busy day so it all pointed to Baja Chicken!
3-5 chicken breasts(depending on how many you are cooking for..then adjust the rest ingredients)
1 tablespoon cumin
1\2 cup salsa
1\2 cup or more of brown sugar**I usually add about 1/4 cup more**
1 can green chiles**If you have roasted fresh that is great! I used some from the Hatch green chile festival I went to last weekend**
6 ounces of Sprite of 7up
Put it all in a slow cooker on low for 5 hours. Shred chicken and put back in the cooker and add cornstarch to thicken. Cook 1 more hour. Serve with tortillas, queso, black beans, chips, salsa, guacamole.....Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment