Friday, October 22, 2010

5 chip cookies

I got this recipe from my friend, Karyn last night.  I knew this was a have-to-make-NOW recipe. I make my son something sweet every day and take it to school for him and his friends to have at lunch. His eyes grew wide when Itold him all that was in this cookie...YUM!!



~Recipe~
Five-Chip Cookies

1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 cup old fashioned oats
2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup each milk chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, vanilla chips and butterscotch chips **Of course you can add what you want, cherry, mint, caramel, I added 1/3 cup of Heath bits this time**

In a mixing bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chips. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. 

4 comments:

  1. I made these last night with white, milk, semi-sweet choc and pb and butterscotch chips...OMG! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on!! They are awesome, huh!

    ReplyDelete