- 4 ripe but firm pears (about 2 1/2 pounds), halved, cored **I use a melon baller to core the pears and they look nice too**
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 (3-inch) piece cinnamon**I put 3 sticks in for 3 pears**
- 4 whole cloves**I tossed a few more in because I like the spiciness of the sauce**
- Whipped cream or ice cream
Place pears cut side down in a 3-quart dish. Drizzle the pears with honey, water, dot with butter, and add brandy, cinnamon stick and cloves.Roast pears, basting every 5 to 10 minutes, until pears are knife tender in the thickest part and sauce is slightly syrupy, about 35 to 45 minutes. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream and spoon roasting juices over the top. Enjoy!
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F and arrange a rack in the middle.
Nitro pdf page number footer
2 hours ago