Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Maple Muffins

I was having a hard time coming up with something 'new' and fall for brunch on Sunday. I was searching on the web and was on one of my favorite sites, Foodista, and saw these muffins. I am not sure about them.  They have the consistency of a biscuit and are rather dry and crumbly...but paired with warm butter and warm maple syrup they were a hit with the kids!


~Recipe~
1 egg
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 3/4 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil
3 tsp baking powder
Beat egg, add milk.  In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.  Add dry ingredients to milk and egg mixture alternately with the maple syrup.  Add oil.  Bake in greased muffin tins for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
**I served them very warm with butter and warm syrup** Once they cool they are very dry.




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment