Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Chocolate Silk Pie

This is a super easy and super good quick dessert. It is Brenn's favorite and he has been asking me to make it. I thought it would go nicely with the pot roast and all the fixin's tonight. I got this recipe from my mom as well as a few others so far. Thanks, mom, for this one!


1 chocolate crust **store bought is fine** I use this recipe.
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup water
3 1 ounce melted, cooled unsweetened chocolate
1 can condensed milk(YUM)
1 tsp vanilla
1 pint whipping cream

Sprinkle the gelatin over the water and let stand 1 minute. Dissolve the gelatin in the water over low heat and col.  Beat cooled chocolate and condensed milk together until smooth. Stir in the gelatin and vanilla and mix in the whip cream.  Out in crust and chill for 4 hours. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. So I'm work trying to find something over my lunch - looking for a yummy soup recipe that can be made ahead for Thursday night. The hostess has already used your FABULOUS lasagna soup recipe I gave her.....any thoughts foodista????

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful! I've been looking for a great Chocolate Silk pie recipe for my son. I think we will give this one a try. :-)

    Thanks Stacey!

    ReplyDelete