Friday, October 15, 2010

Chicken Fajita Melt

This is an easy-throw-together-kid dinner that I just tried and my kids love them. I served them with re fried beans, tortilla chips and queso. We had a lot going on so I substituted the chicken with a rotisserie chicken from the store and took all that time off. You can switch up the toppings  for whatever you like.


~Recipe~
3 Tbsp vegetable oil**I used canola**
6 chicken breasts **I used the rotisserie chicken, skinned and shredded**
1/2 cup sliced onion
1/2 cup red pepper
1/2 cup tomato juice
2 Tbsp taco seasonings**I used Mama G's Creations** You should check that website out. I just found the seasoning at a fair this past weekend. I highly recommend!
Salsa
Sliced french bread
 Cheddar Cheese

Heat oil in large skillet over med-high heat and add chicken.  Cook and stir until it is slightly browned. Stir in veggies and stir and cook until they are tender.  Add tomato juice and taco seasoning and mix well.  Cook until juice has thickened and chicken is well coated.
Preheat broiler. Spread salsa on bread**I used only a little and the bread was still quite soggy, you can always add the salsa to the top** Spoon chicken mixture on the bread and top with cheese. Broil until cheese is bubbly!  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment